Wednesday, August 20, 2008

more pics!

Baby room in orphanage

family with Director
front of orphanage (Very Big Orphanage)
family w/ director in front of orphanage



The pictures above are from yesterday.


Today has been the best day!!! Ryan David is so smart and clever. He will keep his sisters on their toes. He has been so well behaved today. We have had so many priceless moments in the last 24 hours. He holds my hand instead of me grabbing his. He waits when I ask him too. He has put his head on me so many times in the last day, I just love it!! He slept with me last night and he did cry for about 2 minutes. He just went to sleep for his nap. We shut the curtain and I was playing hearts on my computer on the bed. He watched a couple of games and then laid down on the bed and went to sleep! NO TEARS!!! We watch him in amazement. He takes all of the crayons out of the box, colors for awhile and then puts each one back in the box when he is done. He watched Lyla color and he tried very hard to stay in the lines. I am here to say, he is one smart cookie!!!

We really have no communication problems. He will let you know if he doesn't want something. We have been watching baby signing times and at lunch time he did the sign for eat! He has been doing the sign for "more" for a couple of days.


We visited the Yellow Crane Tower today. This tower was reconstructed 1984 but the original tower was constructed 1700 years ago. There was a boss man that provide a priest with food and drink for a year and in return the priest drew a crane using an orange peel on his wall. He told the boss man if he says a poem the crane with come off of the wall. This brought lots of people to the boss man's business and he earn a great deal of money. After 10 years, the priest came back and told the man he had earn his money and it was time for the crane to come off of the wall. The boss man became sad and he decided to use the money he had earned to build the tower. Hence, the Yellow Crane Tower (yellow because the orange peel made the crane a yellow color) Now, is this story is incorrect, let me know, coz I was trying to listen to our guide while two of my children were running free!! But I think I have the basic facts straight away!
Oh and there were 180 steps to the top of the tower. And did I mention that it is HOT in China!




I love my spaghetti!

I need MORE!!!










Pictures from the Yellow Crane Tower



5 comments:

Ruth said...

So glad things are going well! Thanks for the pictures! :-)

Buffi Young said...

This brings back SO MANY memories!! Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time. He is just a normal...busy...little boy!!! Do you have a picture of our daughter? If so...I wonder if he recognizes her? (one of the early ones that we got for referral). I just want to know for sure if they were in the same foster home. He looks JUST LIKE the little boy in the pic. Wouldn't it be great if we could have confirmation?

We're thinking of you guys and always look forward to your posts!!!
Blessings,
Buffi

The Wanless Family said...

Ok, Cindy remember we think we might of met in China when we adopted our daughter and you adopted your daughter in Feb 2006? After seeing the family picture I know we did meet in the Beijing Airport. It amazes me how God brought us back together and through our children!! How awesome that is. I love the pictures and with each picture his eyes shine more and more!! Thank you for the pictures and enjoying all the pictures on your post and reading about your adventures.
Blessings,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi there, it's Stephanie from Florida, soon to be in your neck of the woods. I've been following along with excitement while you are over there and am so happy for you all! I can't wait to meet you!

Stephanie

Kay Bratt said...

Wow..that orphanage looks monstrous! It also looks like a palace compared to the one I worked in for years-- the baby room is pretty and clean..very cheerful. I wish they could all be that way, though being attractive doesn't mean that the children don't suffer hardships just like the institutions that are poor. Thank you for the posting of pictures-- it is so interesting to see the differences from one to the other.

Just hoppin' through.

Kay