Monday, August 18, 2008

Would you like to meet our son?

We have our son! Let me just start off by saying…Thank you God for all you have blessed our family!
Zheng Pu has joined our family. He smiled right away and has already called me “Moma” when he was trying to get my attention. He repeats everything we say. He loves Haley and she was so good with him! He is truly amazing. I thought he was very cute in all of his pictures but they did not do him justice. He is sooooo cute! He seems to have a great personality. He is very independent. He is also very active and is testing us beyond words. He has hit and kicked me and the girls and laughed afterwards. I tell him “NO” and remove him from where he is. He had a meltdown after he went a little potty in his pants. I believe his foster mom let him in the house without underwear or pants. He did not want to put clothes back on. It took J. and myself to get at least his underwear on. He used the potty great after J. pulled his pants off. He does have a lot of great behaviors too!
We all took a very long nap which may cause trouble tonight. He eats very well with his cleft palate. He has no problem at all drinking from his cup he brought. Haley is writing in her journal right now and he is looking at a book. We are worried about taking him out because he doesn’t stay close.
I know I am rambling…I am trying to remember everything. He was pretty upset about taking a nap. His paper said he sleeps from 1PM to 4:30 PM. He walked to the door after we all laid down. We could tell that he was very tired but he would not lay down with us. J. and I left him alone and he fell asleep at the door. After he fell asleep, I moved him to the couch we have. I tried to put him in the bed and he became upset. Little steps, little steps.
He is much more calm after his nap than he was this morning, we will just have to wait and see how the rest of the week goes. Of course, he listens to J. better than me. He does put his toys away after he plays with them. He is playing quietly right now!!! YEAH!!!
Oh and he loves cars. He has a bag of cars he came with and he loves the cars we brought him. He will love his car room when we get home. I am ready to get home now!!!
I am posting some pictures Haley took the rest are on J.’s camera and he just left with it to take pictures with the girls for their school journal.

14 comments:

The Wanless Family said...

We are so happy for you guys!!! He is so handsome!!!! He loves his sister too!! Wow, I gives me joy to see how is his responding. I know there are some challenges but I will continue to pray that this are decreasing over the next few days!!! Many blessing to you and we are so appreciated for your willingness to be our red thread connection to our daughter.
God Bless!
Lisa

Sharon and Michael said...

Just perfect! He's simply perfect! Keep the posts and pics coming. Congrats .... enjoy your China journey.

Laura Beth said...

I am so happy for your family and Ryan David. You are right - he is so handsome! Enjoy getting to know each other!

Hugs from Virginia
Laura Beth
mama to Ben & Eliana ZuGuo

mom and girls said...

Congratulations!!! What a handsome little boy! So glad to see Pu Bear lovin' on his sister.

Can't wait to see more pics.

Hugs.

Janis and the Girls

Julie said...

Congrats on your new son. He is so cute. I love seeing him love on Haley.

Buffi Young said...

He is ADORABLE!!!! SO excited that he's doing well. I cannot wait to hear more. Thanks for keeping us posted! bless you guys!
Buffi

Dawn Zorer said...

Hugs from the Zorer family, I am so happy for you guys. your son is so cute. How are the girls doing being back in China? that is such a sweet picute of David and Haley.
Love
Dawn Z

Unknown said...

We can not wait to meet him. I can not tell you how happy we are for you guys. Alia misses you and can not wait to tell you about her zoo tip. See you soon

God Bless,
The Pearce's

Ashley said...

Congratulations! He is adorable and so cute with his sister. I am thrilled for your family - THE WAIT IS OVER.

Many Blessings
Ashley P in Georgia

Aus said...

So happy to see Pu Bear with his forever famiy - and what a handsome young man he is! And a sister to pick on - every gege's dream!! Lots of joy for you here in Cincy -

aus and family

Ruth said...

Congratulations!! Sounds so much like our little guy - they are just a few days difference in age. Hope things continue to go well!!

Patti said...

Congratulations! Pu is adorable! I had to smile at your note about the "testing." We have had a bit of that too. We've also noticed that naps are very helpful. Our thoughts are with you!

Susan said...

Hi Lyla, it's Sarah M. I am so excited for you. Are you having fun with your baby brother? I miss you and I hope your having fun in china. Do they have chocolate in china, if so could you bring me some.Everyone misses you at school. love Sarah M.

Carla B. said...

He is sooo cute cute cute!!! :) I have been thinking of you all day long and couldn't wait to get home to read and see a picture!! Cannot wait to see him in person! Caroline asked if we could come to your house right now...
CONGRATULATIONS and prayers for all!!!
Carla, Carissa, & Caroline