Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pictures in Guangzhou and Airplane







We are having fun walking Guangzhou despite the rain. Thank GOD for taxis so they can take us back to the hotel!!!! We all 5 sit in the back seat with the stroller and bags! I think we could have fit Jesse in there too if she was with us.
I haven't talk with Jesse since Friday coz she is staying at my niece this weekend! I am missing her so very much even if she doesn't miss us! I get to talk and see her in the morning!
Today is Sunday so I am feeling like we are almost home. We really only have four more days here because Friday we will be traveling all day! Wednesday we are going to Yangjiang to visit Lyla and Jesse's orphanage. Our coordinate in China, Kathy, spoke with us a couple of days ago and told us the director is very excited about our visit! They told her they would look through their files for additional information too! I am not really looking forward to the drive but I am looking forward to the visit! We have gifts, candy, and a photo album of some of the girls from this orphanage. We have all of the family pictures from the reunion we had in July.
We are going to the Toy Market in a few minutes!
Hope everyone has a wonderful week! I am looking forward to seeing you all very very soon!

4 comments:

Laura Beth said...

Yay - pictures! Ryan David looks like he enjoyed his plane ride (great news)! I love seeing the familiar sites of Guangzhou. Did you visit the pet and medicine markets? Did you see the 'chicken man'? Thanks for keeping us posted - I am enjoying following along! -Laura Beth

Aus said...

I so loved that area of GZ - were they sorting scorpions while you were there - and like LB said - the Chicken man is something to see (as long as you aren't afraid of snakes!) Ryan David looks like a seasoned travler - what a blessing to you guys!

aus and family

Buffi Young said...

LOVE the pictures!!! So glad Ryan David did so well on the plane ride. Sadie liked it too...but she is much more reserved. I know you are RELIEVED to be in Guangzhou. We're praying for safety for you guys as you're there and the weather is bad. Thanks for the updates!!! Have a great week!
Blessings,
Buffi

Christy said...

Cindy,
Thanks for posting. So glad Ryan David continues to thrive! Awesome you get to visit your girls' orphanage. Praying for your continued safety and good flights.
Christy
mom to mia, ava and kai